Write your memoir by learning to stand on your story. Rather than telling your story from a place of brokenness, share the truth of who you are. This is the key to learning to stand on your story and promote healing within.
This 8-week workshop is designed to help you heal, grow, and reflect through written word in a peaceful and therapeutic environment. According to the American Psychological Association, writing about the emotional turmoil you’ve had in your life allows emotional healing to take place; your immune system will strengthen and your quality of life will improve.
This workshop will lead you through progressive learning that incorporates your own timeline while addressing how you see the world and yourself. We follow a comprehensive outline that will take you through your own journey of healing.
Throughout this workshop you will:
- Learn to create a timeline
- Learn to clarify your values
- Learn how to carry your story into the future
- Gain insights and understanding by learning to stimulate your thinking
- Change your perspective and perception in order to heal
- Engage in mindfulness practice at the beginning of each workshop
- Build on your resiliency and gain self-empowerment
- Incorporating aspects of the self in fiction writing
Learning to Stand on Your Story
Open to the general public and all professional backgrounds.
Thursday’s at 6:15 pm
April 11, 2019 – May 30, 2019
June 6, 2019 – August 1, 2019 (No class will be held in observance of the 4thof July)
HERA Wellness Center
9836 White Oak Ave. Suite 207
Northridge, CA 91325