The purpose of this workshop is to teach the basic principles, theories, and relaxation techniques to effectively manage personal stress. You will gain a greater understanding of the mind-body relationship and learn to employ a holistic approach to stress. You will also adopt effective cognitive techniques, coping skills, and relaxation techniques.We can build resources for resiliency by retraining our brains to respond to stress and adversity in a positive way.
This two-day workshop is designed to teach a holistic approach to stress management and resiliency building. This workshop treats both cognitive skills and relaxation techniques with the intention of preventing and/or alleviating the physical symptoms of stress.
- Understand the holistic nature (mind-body-spirit) of stress management and comprehend the mind-body connection of the stress and disease process
- Master the basic understanding of the physiological mechanisms responsible for the fight-or-flight response and subsequent manifestations of various symptoms of target organ dysfunctions
- Understand the importance of using effective coping skills to resolve stressful perceptions and gain a sense of wholeness and inner peace by using these skills
- Learn about and experience several relaxation techniques and learn to integrate these techniques into your daily living habits to help you control stress and tension.
- Participate in all class discussions and relaxation techniques
Throughout this workshop you will:
- Acquire the skills needed to effectively communicate
- Explore your own current dimensions of stress and resiliency
- Learn practical resources to support your adaptive response to stress
- Practice relaxation techniques that reverse the physiologic stress response
- Learn the nature of stress including the physiology of stress and how stress affects human conditions
- Learn the psychological aspects of stress
- Learn coping strategies
Stress Management and Resilience
Open to the general public and all professional backgrounds.
Sign up to receive notification when this program becomes available again.
HERA Wellness Center
9836 White Oak Ave. Suite 207
Northridge, CA 91325